Monday, July 18, 2011

"I Didn't Know I was Pregnant"

Have you ever seen the show? It's a television program that tells the stories of women who didn't have a clue they were pregnant until they are giving birth to their babies in the bathroom stall at Wal-Mart. Don't believe me? It happens, apparently. I've only seen the show once and vowed never to watch it again. Even to see the title on the guide turns my stomach. Curious? You wouldn't be if you had spent even 5 seconds with me while I was pregnant. I had the most miserable pregnancy in history. Ever. Ok, ok, I suppose I exaggerate. Those of you who feared for the life of your unborn child or who were hospitalized while pregnant undoubtably had it worse then I did.
I was 124 pounds the day I discovered I was pregant. The day I gave birth I had gained 108 pounds in total. Yup, I was a whale. I can still see the looks on strangers faces when they saw me and can still hear them mutter "God love her". People asked me if I were having triplets. Not twins, no, as obviously someone as large as me just HAD to be having triplets. One woman said I looked like I was carrying around a medicine ball. That's the biggest ball there is! My whole body was beyond swollen with water. My skin felt like it was going to rip apart at any second. But nothing compared to my feet. There is not a shoe designed for the convenience of the poor fat pregnant lady. Balls do not fit into the holes of shoes afterall. Every step I took was agony. It felt like I had the worlds worse sunburn and every step I took made it worse.
I couldnt put on my socks, get in and out of bed by myself and could barely reach myself after using the batroom to "wipe". I developed some pretty crazy moves to solve THAT dilemma, let me tell you!
Yup, it was crazy. But being a colossal being was only ONE of the many pregnancy horrors I encounterd. It is easier to tell you the one thing I didn't have: Heartburn. I have never, ever in my life had it and didnt experience it while pregnant either. Funny how God decided to spare me that one. He has quite a sense of humor.
But in the end it was all worth it when I finally gave birth to my 11 pound 7 oz "little" boy. And would I do it all over again knowing what I know now? You bet I would! A million times over. The only thing I WOULD change is having the knowledge that there are woman out there who didn't know they were pregnant. Ignorance is bliss!...........(the picture is me at 26 weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment